Tuesday, November 17, 2009

my 20th...post

Yoyo, sup y'all. I got a lot of media coverage yesterday! The Free Press came to the club table to ask questions about what we were doing for America Recycle Day. Some news guy also interviewed me but I don't remember which news station he was from. I stuttered a bit and trailed off on some other point but I ended the interview pretty well...I hope.

I was collecting plastic bags for the various projects I'm doing, handing out pamphlets for composting 101 and getting signatures for a pledge to donate plastic bags to me at a different time. It was a bit slow but the other envi group helped a lot. We had lots of fun and I got to catch up with my plarn crocheting. I made a hat (it looks pretty ridiculous according to Jeff) but I thought it was a successful mistake (I was trying to make a basket). I'm also in the process of making a purse but it's taking forever. No wonder people sell their work online for like...a bazillion dollars. I need to post these pictures up at one point.

Mary and I also made a few books on Sunday but I had to leave early due to a ...headache *cough*. I finished them at home. I think Mary's club ended up selling 2 books! One was from one of the tablers and the other was bought by the interviewer from the school's newspaper. I'm gonna be one of the first to pick that up :). That's all for now~

No comments: