Thursday, September 17, 2009

Random Update

So, I went to Walmart yesterday to pick up 2 items I've ordered. One was a red silicone bundt cake pan (YAY! I can make angel cake now~~) and the other was a Takumi circular needle (size 11, 24" which is really short >_>). I've read things about how people shouldn't try knitting small things on long circular needles because of its tendency to stretch out the work so I decided to buy a short one. I didn't realize that it was that short though O_o...

I gave away one of my bottle socks to Grace because her bottle was getting banged up. She kept dropping it one the floor. I do too, but my sock has prolonged the bottle's life *rubs bottle.* This is the first time that I didn't dump all my pictures from the camera after a day's worth of pictures. This is probably for the best so that I don't have a gazillion folders in my computer that has like...10 pictures in it. I should find some time to update them up here.

I've also been meaning to update a picture of my room up at Binghamton. I decorated it with the lowest budget possible (yay xD) and with the least amount of items. My parents and brother were complaining that I was bringing way too much stuff up but I still need things from home -_-...And I technically do have room for them (e.g. incense holder, fragrance oil, ...and other things : D) but I thought it would have been best to keep them home.

Speaking of fragrances, I really like the smell of incense. I think it's due to memories of home (when we are doing jesa O_o?) and also those hippie stores that sell really cool stuff. They smell like incense all the time and so I went to one to buy some incense. They were handmade in India and smell SO GOOD. I didn't even burn them yet and they make a part of my room smell like...forgot the name of the incense. The packaging was really pretty too~ (made from recycled paper). I'll get around to taking a picture of it.

Another random story: so I did laundry a week back (2 weeks worth of clothing) and didn't use the dryer to dry them. Why? First off, it makes them smell like dryers (which I hate) and it gets all static clingy (and I hate using those sheets because they are filled with chemicals and I never bothered throwing a piece of foil into the dryer...seems unsafe lol). Not only that but it's a ton of wasted energy D:. SO, I used the clothes hanger thing that was in the verge of falling off and put it in my room. That was probably a bad idea considering the room wasn't very warm or get a lot of sunlight. I also had a shit ton of clothes on it which let less surface area in the open air. So, long story short, most of my clothes smell moldy and made the room smell bad. I opened the windows to deter the smell and WTF, my room gets freezing cold within minutes. Story of my life, kids, story of my life.

Before I go, I just want to say I LOVE FARMER'S MARKETS. They have affordable and fresh fruits, veggies, PLANTS (we got a lemon verbena plant that just smells wonderful for like 2 dollars or something...maybe 4), spices (fresh and affordable), other foods (like Amish granola...the man and his daughters that were selling them dressed like Amish people O_O but the granola was a bit pricey) and friendly people. It's just nice to know where the food is coming from.

1 comment:

Rizubezu said...

i'm amazed... that you have the .... tenacy?(can't think of the right word) to avoid the convienient dryer and go through all the trouble of molding your room....... i really admire it. your quest to find the eco friendly way to do things... if it was me.. i'd just be lazy and use it...
;_; i wonder why i'm not as passionate as you are about the little things in life.... i wish i was... then maybe i'd be happier